Pollution, dirt, and other chemical agents in the air make the skin lose its ability to retain water, making it look dry, wrinkled and aged. The natural hydrating and antioxidant properties of honey trap and seal the moisture, rejuvenate the skin, cleanse the complexion leaving it soft and supple.
Honey in its purest form is suitable for all skin types’ even sensitive skin. Beauticians suggest using honey abundantly for a radiant complexion. Skin care products like baths, shower gels, face creams, skin lotions, moisturizers, body scrubs and even newborns products contain pure honey.
Treat yourself to some simple natural skin care remedies with honey at home:
- ¼ cup of honey in your bath keeps your skin soft and supple.
- For dry skin try: 1 tsp honey, vegetable oil each and ¼ tsp of lemon juice. Pat it on dry areas of your skin, leave for 10 mins and rinse with water.
- Make a moisturizing mask with 1 tsp of honey, 1 egg yolk, ½ tsp almond oil and 1 tsp yoghurt. Apply on your face, neck and other parts of your body. Leave for 15 minutes and rinse off with water. Your skin will feel moisturized and polished with tightened pores.
- For silky-smooth skin, mix ¼ cup of honey and 3 tsp of rosewater. Apply to face, neck avoiding sensitive areas around the eye. Massage well and rinse with lukewarm water.. your skin will feel incredible!
- Open the pores on your face by place a cloth dipped in warm water. Smear honey on your face for 20-30 minutes. Rinse first with warm water and then cold water to close the pores.
- Indulge your skin with the paste of 1 tsp of honey, 1 egg white, 1 tsp glycerin and flour. Smooth it over your face, throat, leaving it on for 10 minutes and then washing it off with warm water. Your skin will feel refreshed and rejuvenated.
- 4 tbsp of whole milk powder and 2 tbsp of honey make an excellent baby bath.